What is AbilitiCBT?
AbilitiCBT is a new confidential mental health and well-being support program with virtual support from a dedicated therapist for employees and is available in response to COVID-19 during these unprecedented times.
This new program offers additional support to the short-term counselling sessions offered through the GNWT Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and the variety of COVID-19 LifeSpeaks videos and information currently available to all GNWT employees.
This new virtual app-based program is an interactive, engaging and convenient Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) delivered by professionally trained therapists through an online platform accessible 24/7 from home or anywhere through your mobile device or tablet.
Offered in partnership with Morneau Shepell, AbilitiCBT provides confidential and meaningful support for any employee who is finding themselves struggling with anxiety and looking for a more personalized approach in dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic. This program addresses anxiety symptoms related to the uniquely challenging aspects of this current pandemic, which could include: uncertainty, isolation, caring for family and community members, information overload and stress management.
How can AbilitiCBT help me?
- Develop coping strategies to track and reduce anxiety and better manage daily activities
- Learn what anxiety is and how it affects one’s emotions, mind, body, and behaviour
- Reduce anxiety by learning CBT skills and using them to change responses to triggers
- A proven Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) method which is one of the most effective and commonly used approaches to help provide support for a wide range of mental health concerns, including anxiety
- Clinically effective, with confidential guided care and support from a dedicated expert trained therapist
- Self-paced, convenient and accessible from home or anywhere, anytime to accommodate different schedules, including front-line and essential workers and those working from home
- User-friendly and engaging digital experience and available in English and French
- Access to a 24/7 crisis line throughout the program, if required.
How AbilitiCBT works?
- Sign up and start the process by completing an online questionnaire;
- A therapist will schedule a consultation with you via phone or video chat to confirm and assess your needs;
- You will then commence working through 10 modules at your own pace, while the therapist tracks and monitors your progress;
- There will be scheduled check-ins by phone, video chat or messaging along the way; and
- You will have access for 1 year after you sign up to access past modules as refreshers.
Who is eligible?
AbilitiCBT is available to all GNWT employees.
Are there any program costs?
There would be no additional fee and is completely free to all GNWT employees to access and sign up for as part of your EFAP program for the 2020/2021 fiscal year.
Where can I find additional information about AbilitiCBT?
To learn more about AbilitiCBT please refer to the following resources:
Also, see how AbilitiCBT can support you in one or more of the following roles during COVID-19
- Front-line Health Care Workers
- Front-line Corrections Officers
- Essential Workers
- Working from Home in Isolation
- Working from Home with Kids
How do I sign up?
To sign up for AbilitiCBT please visit GNWT.AbilitiCBT.com.