The Certified Service Professional (CSP) program is a 2 day, instructor led course, for GNWT employees who are in direct contact with, and provide service to, the public or other GNWT staff.
GNWT front line employees are recognized across Canada as the top of their class in providing services to citizens. The CSP program recognizes these employees as professionals and provides the opportunity to develop these skills further.
Course participants will leave the CSP program with having learned the following:
- What citizen-centred service means, and why we use it;
- Key drivers of citizen satisfaction;
- Service Improvement models and how to implement them;
- The importance of the Public Sector Service Value Chain; and
- How to develop or improve skills necessary for successful service delivery, including (but not limited to):
- Values and Ethics
- Dealing with conflict and citizen expectations
- Dealing with client differences
The CSP is not the typical “customer service course”. This course was designed for public sector employees, and developed from feedback taken from citizens across Canada, including the NWT. It is about professional development, improving the way service is delivered, learning about what’s new, and what the client wants from Government.
The CSP program is foundational training that can support the learner to obtain certification as a Service Professional through the Institute for Citizen Centred Service (ICCS). The certification may be obtained at an additional cost after this course is completed. Participants will learn more about the certification process during the program.