Mental health issues are often misunderstood and stigmatized, and are growing at a faster rate than any other kind of disability in today’s workplace (Canadian Mental Health Association).
Mental health issues directly affect one in every five people. And while you may not be one of them, chances are you know a friend, family member or co-worker who is.
Building awareness of mental health is an important but often overlooked part of a safe and productive workplace. The GNWT strives to create a psychologically healthy and safe workplace, where all employees feel supported as they address any issues they may have.
This workshop is geared towards all GNWT Managers & Supervisors (people leaders) in an effort to build greater awareness.
- Building leadership skills, for managing performance and promoting mental health
- Promoting mental health awareness and understanding the impact of mental health issues
- Reduce the stigma/fear associated with mental health issues in the workplace
- Be able to recognize when someone (ourselves or a colleague) is struggling and respond appropriately
- Tools to support employee mental health in the workplace and learn about resources available to support employees and/or family members.