Our brain automatically uses short-cuts to navigate an incredible amount of data and information and makes snap decisions about who we prefer and who we avoid. The Mitigate Unconscious Bias is an interactive and engaging training session that features a deep dive into unconscious bias, how it leads to stereotyping, and how everyone of us is affected by it. It will take the team through practical tips on how to limit the damaging power of stereotyping and build inclusion. Disrupting bias using tools and creating a more balanced and inclusive culture is an important part of the session.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to do the following:
- Raise self and team awareness on the limiting effect of unconscious bias and stereotyping;
- Learn about ways to identify bias at structural/institutional/interpersonal and internalized level;
- Learn practical tips and tools to mitigate bias;
- Strengthen team culture and build true inclusion;
- Take away tactics for disrupting bias in everyday work interactions.
**Although being online, this course is meant to mirror in class learning that will require interaction of participants. Attendees should participate in a quiet area where possible.**
More information about the training can be found here: https://lifeworks-learning.com/program/mitigate-unconscious-bias