The purpose of this course is to introduce employees to records management terminology, the Government of the Northwest Territories’ records management program, and the GNWT's Administrative and Operational Records Classification Systems. It also reviews the procedures for transferring records to the Records Centre and disposing of records. At the end of the course, participants will:
- Be familiar with records management terminology.
- Be familiar with the life-cycle concept.
- Be familiar with the ARCS classification system.
- Understand how to interpret retention schedules and calculate retention periods and disposition dates.
- Understand how to pack boxes for transfer to the Records Centre and how to complete the Records Centre Box Inventory Form.
- Be familiar with the process for sending boxes to the Records Centre and for disposing of records.