** Please ensure you have a camera and a microphone for the training. Although being online, this course is meant to mirror in-class learning that requires interaction of participants therefore attendees should participate in a quiet area where possible.**
The Working Mind (TWM) Virtual is an evidence-based program designed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness in the workplace. The training is designed to:
- Increase your awareness of mental health;
- Reduce stigma and other barriers to care in the workplace;
- Encourage mental health conversations;
- Strengthen your resilience in order to maintain wellness; and
- Help you support yourself and others.
TWM for employees offers practical knowledge to increase participants’ overall comfort level with mental illness. Upon completing the course, employees will be able to:
- Understand mental health and mental illness.
- Recognize its signs and indicators, in themselves and others.
- Reduce stigma and negative attitudes toward people with mental health problems.
- Maintain their own mental health and improve their resilience.