** Please ensure you have a camera and a microphone for the training. Although being online, this course is meant to mirror in-class learning that requires interaction of participants therefore attendees should participate in a quiet area where possible.**
Please note that Day 1 of training takes place from 9am-3pm and Day 2 takes place from 9am-12pm.
The Working Mind (TWM) Virtual is an evidence-based program designed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness in the workplace. The training is designed to:
- Increase your awareness of mental health;
- Reduce stigma and other barriers to care in the workplace;
- Encourage mental health conversations;
- Strengthen your resilience in order to maintain wellness; and
- Help you support yourself and others.
Managers, supervisors, and team leads have a special role in any organization. Building on TWM for employees, the TWM managers course gives participants the practical knowledge they need to:
- Support their employees’ mental health and well-being.
- Enable all employees to be more fully productive.
- Ensure the workplace climate respects and involves all employees, including those with mental health problems.
- Encourage employees to seek help for mental health problems.