What is the Management Series?
The Management Series provides all managers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills they need to effectively fulfill their supervisory roles within the Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT), and ensures they have a solid foundation in GNWT processes and policies.
The Program is mandatory for all term or indeterminate supervisors and managers (up to and including director level) who have at least one direct report and must be completed within two years.
The Series is comprised of mandatory and elective courses, available through the My HR Learning and Development Calendar.
The objectives of the Series are to:
- Provide relevant information specific to supervisory/management roles;
- Strengthen human resources management capacity;
- Align courses with GNWT priorities; and
- Support mandatory training identified through the Learning and Development Policy.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- a GNWT Supervisor, Manager or Director;
- have one or more direct reports;
- an indeterminate or term GNWT employee, and
- a member of the Public Service in the GNWT. (Excluding employees of the Northwest Territories’ Territorial Teachers Association Collective Agreement and Northwest Territories Power Corporation, Hay River Health & Social Services Authority and Workers’ Safety Compensation Commission.)
How do I apply?
Complete and submit an online application through the My HR Learning and Development section, under the Management Series for approval.
Where can I find additional information?
For more information on the Management Series, please refer to the Program Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).