Top GNWT Menu

Public Service Pension Plan

The GNWT participates in the Government of Canada's Public Service Pension Plan.

Where can I access pension and benefit information?

You can access pension and benefit information from the following sources:

  • Government of Canada Pension Centre: Plan members should contact the Pension Centre if:

    • They are retiring within six months and need a pension estimate;
    • They are leaving the public service and need a pension estimate;
    • They are experiencing a relationship breakdown and are dividing their pension;
    • They need information about a service buyback.
  • Basic Pension Calculator: Plan members who cannot access the Compensation Web Applications can use the online Basic Pension Calculator. This easy-to-use tool provides estimates of pension entitlements using information a plan member inputs directly into the calculator.
  • Public Service Pay Centre or departmental compensation office: Plan members can contact either their departmental compensation office or the Pay Centre for insurance benefits information.
  • Plan members can access general plan, registration, coverage and eligibility information about the public service pension plan and insurance benefit plans on this website.

NOTE: The Government of Canada has postponed the issuance of annual Pension and Insurance Benefit Statements indefinitely. Before 2017, these statements provided employees with personal information about their entitlements and options.

What are my responsibilities as a plan member?

It is up to you to make sure you understand your responsibilities as a member of the public service pension plan. It is recommended that you review these general guidelines as soon as possible.

How do I contact the Pension Centre?

Public Service Pension Plan - Contact Information

Your Personal Record Identifier (PRI) is required when contacting the Pension Centre. Your PRI can be found on your most recent pension statement or in HRIS as follows:

HRIS > Employee Self Service > Leave Details


IMPORTANT:  GCPC website functions requiring a ‘myKey’, ‘User Id’, or Compensation Web Application Tools (CWA) are not available to GNWT employee as we are a crown corporation.