Top GNWT Menu

Want To Run In A Municipal Election?

If you wish to run for a position within your municipal government, you should contact your Deputy Head to ensure that there is no conflict between your GNWT position and the position you are seeking.  Deputy Heads will assess the situation, determine if there is a conflict and advise you whether or not you may engage in the outside activity.

Restricted employees may not run for mayor of a municipality (e.g., cities, towns, villages and hamlets).