The time/leave will appear on the paycheque following the upcoming paycheque.
Time Approvals FAQ
What happens if I approve after the cutoff date?
I can’t find my employees at the“Approver Time and Exceptions” path.
Ensure the Selection Criteria fields are blank. This will ensure all employees that you approve time for are visible.
Change the "View By" to 'All Time Before'. If you expect the employee to have previously entered time, they should appear here. If the time is future dated, you can look for 'All Time After' a particular date.
To ensure that you are looking at all employees in your group, you can review them at this path:
Manager Self-Service > Time Management > Report Time > Timesheet.
This will show all employees that you have access to, regardless of whether or not they have time to be approved. If the employee still does not appear on your approver list, contact the Human Resource Helpdesk.
I don’t have Manager Self Service yet, but I will soon. Will I be notified once I have access?
You will not be notified, however, “Manager Self-Service” will appear on your Self-Service menu.
An employee requested Sick or Special leave, but has negative balances. Can I still approve?
PeopleSoft will allow employees to request leave based on the entitlements outlined in their applicable Collective Agreement or Handbook.
I have denied a request. Do I have to delete it? Do I have to enter something further?
Any time entries that are denied (overtime, shift premiums, etc.) will not be processed. Any leave requests that are denied will be automatically returned to the employee's leave balances. The request can then remain in your timesheet for future reference.
Positive Time Reporters:
If the entries are denied, whether it be regular, overtime, leave, etc, they will not process. Only entries that are approved will flow through to your pay check.
Exception Time Reporters:
If the entries are denied, whether it be time, leave, shift premiums, etc, they will not process. However, if all entries are denied on a regular day of work, the regularly scheduled hours will remain based on exception time rules. Exception time reporters are NOT required to re-enter regular hours in order for them to process.
Additional information pertaining to the denied request can be captured in the ‘comments’ section on the Self-Service timesheet.
Hours can be deleted or added within a row simply by putting the cursor in the desired row and removing hours previously entered or entering hours not yet submitted.
When making changes on your timesheet, follow these steps:
- Delete the original entry (if applicable).
- Select the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter the new information.
- Select the ‘Submit’ button.
I've received an email indicating I've been delegated approval access, but the employees aren't coming up. How can I see what's been delegated to me?
Once a delegation request has been sent by the regular approver, the request must be accepted in order for the approval access to become available. You can review the delegations you have made to others (Review My Proxies) or that have been made to you (Review My Delegated Authorities) at Self-Service > Manage Delegations.
The HRIS User Manual for Delegation can be found here.
How can I organize my PeopleSoft emails in my Inbox?
Microsoft Office help has information on how to do so.
1. Click the File tab.
2. Click Manage Rules & Alerts.
3. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, on the E-mail Rules tab, click New Rule.
4. Under Step 1: Select a template, select the template that you want from the Stay Organized or Stay Up to Date collection of templates
5. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click an underlined value. (i.e. you can select those with ‘timesheet requires your approval’ in the subject line).
6. Click Next.
7. Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select the conditions that you want the messages to meet for the rule to apply (specific words in the subject).
8. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click an underlined value for any condition that you added, and then specify the value.
9. Click Next.
10. Under Step 1: Select action(s), select the action that you want the rule to take when the specified conditions are met (i.e. moving to another folder).
11. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click an underlined value for any action that you added, and then specify the value.
12. Click Next.
13. Under Step 1: Select exception(s), select any exceptions to the rule, and then click Next.
14. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click an underlined value for any exception that you added, and then specify the value.
15. Click Next.
16. Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, enter a name.
17. Under Step 2: Setup rule options, select the check boxes for the options that you want.
· If you want to run this rule on messages that already are in the Inbox, select the Run this rule now on messages already in “Inbox" check box (this will remove any currently in your inbox).
· By default, the new rule is turned on. To turn off the rule, clear the Turn on this rule check box.
18. Click Finish.
Please note that you are still required to approve entries that are outstanding.
How far back can I go as an approver?
Approvers can approve time farther back than two pay periods. To do so, they must approve on the 'Timesheet Summary'.
Corrections/changes/deletions to time entered in Self-Service can be done by a Time Approver to future dated time, current period time, and as far back as two pay periods for those employees for whom you approve time. Approvers can approve time farther back than two pay periods. To do so, they must approve on the 'Timesheet Summary'.
In order to add entries to the timesheet further back than two pay periods, we require the request be sent by e-mail to the Human Resources Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org . Human Resources will then enter the time on their behalf.
Where can I find the approval deadline calendar?
The approval deadline calendar is found in Employee Services > Pay in the Resources section of the Department of Finance website.
Approving time older than 28 days
When employees request to have old time (more than two pay periods in the past) entered on their behalf, time approvers are now required to approve that time.
In the above example, check the 'Select' box to the left of the employee's name, and click "Approve". You can still select the employee's name to review the timesheet to verify the hours, however the Selection and Approval must be made on this page.
Employees can also confirm who their approver is on their timesheet.
The Approval Monitor shows who the approver is. It also shows when the hours were approved by the approver.
Created November 2012
How can I review mandatory leave taken for my employees?
On the "Leave Details and Employee Information Link", there is now a tab for Mandatory Leave Taken. It includes all fiscal year mandatory leave for the employee.
Created December 2012