At the end of the end of the performance period, and once the Criteria (Objectives and Learning Plans) have been finalized, the Self (Employee) and Manager Evaluation should occur.
What is a Self Evaluation?
A Self (Employee) Evaluation is a great opportunity for an employee to honestly and objectively consider and document their progress, development and learning. .
Why is the Self-Evaluation important?
Self-Evaluations assist in:
- Providing the employee a chance to become an active participant in the evaluation process;
- Providing the employee a time to self-reflect on their year’s performance; and
- Serving as a way to increase commitment to objective setting, achievement, competency development, and career planning; and
- Aiding in a productive Review Meeting between the Manager and Employee.
What is a Manager Evaluation?
A Manager Evaluation is an opportunity for supervisors and employees to collaborate on an employee’s performance, goals, competencies and developmental activities.
Why is the Manager Evaluation important?
Manager Evaluations assist in:
- Providing the employee with constructive, honest and direct feedback; and
- Employee development.
How do I evaluate?
Once the Criteria (Objectives and Learning Plans) has been approved, both in the Self (Employee) and Manager Evaluations the following is to be reviewed and completed:
- Goals and Learning;
- Competencies; and
- Overall Comments.
What rating scale is used?
There are rating scales used in the Evaluations for both the Objectives and the Competencies.
The rating scale for the Objectives is as follows:
- Not Achieved
- Partially Achieved
- Fully Achieved
The rating scale for the Competencies is as follows:
- Does not meet: No behavioural indicators listed were met.
- Developing: Some of the behavioural indicators listed were met.
- Meets: All/most of the behavioural indicators listed were met.
- Exceeding: All of the behavioural indicators listed were met/exceeded.
What happens after the Evaluations are done?
- Once the Self and Manager Evaluation are complete, the Manager is responsible to hold a Review Meeting with the employee.
- After the Review Meeting, the Manger is responsible to request the employee’s acknowledgement of the document.
- Once the document is acknowledged, the Manager is responsible to submit the Performance Document for final approval by the Review Officer.
- If the Document is approved by the Review Officer, it will auto-complete the Document and automatically move to Historical Documents in PeopleSoft (HRIS).
How do I reopen the Self-Evaluation for my employee?
1. Open the employee’s document through Manager Self-Service;
2. Click on the left-side bar, “Review Self Evaluation”;
3. Select “View;”
4. Select “Reopen.”