- Published Advertising is competition advertisements distributed through a variety of different mediums.
- Advertising Agent is the company or person appointed by the GNWT to be responsible for the placement of all GNWT newspaper and online job board advertisements.
- GNWT recruitment advertising is done in the most effective way to maximize the advertising audience within available advertising expenditures.
- All GNWT competitions are advertised in eRecruit.
- Any medium, including Internet, newspaper, community radio or television station, professional magazines and journals, is acceptable.
- All recruitment advertisements must comply with the GNWT Visual Identity Program.
- All recruitment advertisements must comply with the GNWT Standards for French Communications and Services.
- All recruitment advertisements must comply with the NWT Human Rights Act.
- The Department of Finance is responsible for coordinating generic recruitment advertising in newspapers deemed suitable by the Employer and recovering costs equally from the Departments, Boards and Agencies.
- Human resource recruitment advertising outside the generic GNWT advertising is at the discretion and cost of the Hiring Department, Board or Agency.
- For Regional competitions, excluding Headquarters (i.e. Yellowknife), local advertising may be carried out at the discretion of the Hiring Department, Board or Agency.
- Newspaper recruitment advertisements in Fort Smith, Hay River, Inuvik and Yellowknife are to be advertised in French in a French newspaper, as well as English.
- Published recruitment advertising for all GNWT Departments, Boards and Agencies is coordinated through a central advertising agent.
Financial Administration Act
Official Languages Act
Section 8, Instruments Directed to Public
Human Rights Act
Section 8.(1), Employment Applications and Advertisements
Section 8.(2), Bona fide Occupational Requirement
GNWT Standards for French Communications and Services
GNWT Visual Identity Program