- Published Advertising is competition advertisements distributed through a variety of different mediums.
- Advertising Agent is the company or person appointed by the GNWT to be responsible for the placement of all GNWT newspaper and online job board advertisements.
- GNWT recruitment advertising is done in the most effective way to maximize the advertising audience within available advertising expenditures.
- All GNWT competitions are advertised in eRecruit.
- Any medium, including Internet, newspaper, community radio or television station, professional magazines and journals, is acceptable.
- All recruitment advertisements must comply with the GNWT Visual Identity Program.
- All recruitment advertisements must comply with the GNWT Standards for French Communications and Services.
- All recruitment advertisements must comply with the NWT Human Rights Act.
- The Department of Finance is responsible for coordinating generic recruitment advertising in newspapers deemed suitable by the Employer and recovering costs equally from the Departments, Boards and Agencies.
- Human resource recruitment advertising outside the generic GNWT advertising is at the discretion and cost of the Hiring Department, Board or Agency.
- For Regional competitions, excluding Headquarters (i.e. Yellowknife), local advertising may be carried out at the discretion of the Hiring Department, Board or Agency.
- Newspaper recruitment advertisements in Fort Smith, Hay River, Inuvik and Yellowknife are to be advertised in French in a French newspaper, as well as English.
- Published recruitment advertising for all GNWT Departments, Boards and Agencies is coordinated through a central advertising agent.
Section 8, Instruments Directed to Public
Section 8.(1), Employment Applications and Advertisements
Section 8.(2), Bona fide Occupational Requirement